Armed Forces Community Covenant Grant Scheme
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) have set up the Covenant Grant Scheme to fund local projects which strengthen the ties or the mutual understanding between members of the Armed Forces Community and the wider community in which they live.
How much is available?
The MOD has allocated £30 million over a four year period and will consider individual applications for funding between £100 and £250,000.
Who can bid?
An application for funding can be submitted by any part of the community. This might include volunteer groups, charities, public bodies such as schools, and so on.
What do projects have to deliver?
Applications need to demonstrate a benefit to both the Armed Forces and the civilian community, and to promote closer ties or a greater understanding of the military in the local community.
Examples of projects could include (but not restricted to):
- A public exhibition showing recent activity of the local armed forces unit, such as a tour in Afghanistan
- One-off activities such as an activity camp involving the armed forces and young people
- A community outreach project which brings together veterans with their non-service equivalents to highlight what support is available to them in their local community
A list of recently funded projects can be found on the Ministry of Defence website.
When do bids need to be submitted?
Applications will need to be made through the Worcestershire Armed Forces Community Covenant Working Group who will ensure that the project meets the grant criteria and local requirement before they are submitted to a regional panel for consideration.
Regional Panels meet three times a year and the deadlines for future applications are:
|Deadline for final applications to be submitted to Worcestershire Armed Forces Community Covenant Working Group||Deadline for approved applications from Local Partnership to be sent to Regional admin||Regional Panel|
|19 December 2014||16 January 2015||February 2015|
How do I apply?
- Please download a copy of the terms and conditions and application form from the Ministry of Defence website.
- The Ministry of Defence have also published some top tips for applicants.
- Send completed application forms to email@example.com or via post to Alan Smith, Worcestershire Partnership Relationship Manager, Chief Executives Unit, Worcestershire County Council, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP.
Where can I get any further information?
Further information about the Community Covenant Grant Scheme can be found on the Ministry of Defence website. However if you have any further queries please email Alan Smith or phone him on 01905 822836.